Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Greetings. 

I hope this finds anyone reading this getting ready for a relaxing, enjoyable Christmas and New Year's.  Thank you for your interest and support in 2012.  It was a great initial year for FCR, with a lot of "firsts."  I am looking forward to 2013.  Speaking of that...

My work on new products continues.  I am progressing on the knapsack, and writing a new edition of ITR detailing life for the 8th Air Force bomber crewmen.  The knapsack will be ready by summer, and the book will be very far along by that time.  And, I am preparing a new run of Type I forage caps for early 2013. 

Since the bulk of my most recent work has been on 8th Air Force research, I want to recommend one of my favorite WWII-era item vendors:  OTRCAT.com.

OTRCAT.com is a one-stop seller of ANYTHING old time radio.  If you like The Shadow, Superman, The Lone Ranger, Jack Benny, Bob Hope, The Whistler, Amos 'N Andy, or anything else, you can find it here.  In quantity. 

Check out his OTRCAT.com WWII collection.  His disks are loaded with mp3's which are NOT playable in standard CD players.  But they will work just fine on a computer or iPod/iPhone. 

They are great.  Since I am in a 1940's frame of mind lately, I thought I would pass that on.

Bring on 2013.

NE


1 comment:

  1. Hi Nick!
    I dont suppose youd remember me if I didnt identify myself as "Lanky" or at least thats was Charles used to call me. Thought Id say hello, and its good to see someone still making nice authentic gear. When you make officers kepis let me know.

    lanky Pete Smith

    ReplyDelete